A pool cover will help to keep the water inside your pool where you want it to stay. This will lower the need to refill the pool saving water and money. Water loss is not just an annoyance it can also cause an imbalance of pool chemicals. With a pool cover water stays in and harmful contaminants stay out. A pool cover will also help to keep the heat inside the pool on a cool night and when the temperature is kept at a certain degree the pool heater will have to do less work to keep the water warm also saving money and energy.
There are many different types of pool covers on the market to choose from. There are manual models as well as automatic. It is a good idea to go into a store that sells pool covers and tell them about the pool you have and what you are looking for to see what pool cover would best fit your needs. Consider a pool cover that offers ease of use, it will be more likely for you to use the cover on a regular basis when it is not a huge chore to cover the pool.
Advantage of Having a Pool Cover
- Save water with the minimization of evaporation from the sun, heat, and wind
- Save energy by helping retain heat in colder weather
- Help to prevent algae bloom and slow and limit bacteria growth in winter in a mild climate area
- Help to keep debris from wind out relieving some cleaning duties
- Some can help prevent accidents by limiting access to the water
Pool covers are a great way to save money and be more eco-friendly saving water and energy. Another great way to keep your pool efficient is to stay on top of regular pool maintenance. EverClear Pool Service has a great team ready to take the hassle out of pool maintenance for you. We provide many great pool care services including both weekly service and maintenance. Give us a call today.