Though grout inside your home and outside your home are basically the sam, the grout around the tiles in your pool needs its own special care as it holds up to much harsher conditions than the tile inside your home. Below are some steps you can take to care for your pool tile and grout.
- Drain the pool if you have grout below your water level and allow the grout to dry thoroughly.
- Once grout is dried sweep all the grout and surrounding tiles with a standard shop broom. The stiff bristles of the shop broom will dislodge the dust and dirt to allow for the cleaner to do the best job possible.
- Mix up a tub of oxygen bleach solution. Follow the directions on the oxygen bleach package carefully as each bleach solution requires a different amount of water.
- Mop the oxygen bleach solution onto the pool grout , in order to effectively clean the tile and grout, the oxygen bleach needs to remain wet. To ensure this happens you will only want to clean a small portion of tile and grout at one time so that the solution does not evaporate .
- Allow the wet oxygen bleach solution to sit on the surface of the grout for 10 to 15 minutes. The longer it stays on the tile and grout the more effective it will be. You will begin to see the grout whiten as the oxygen bleach dissolves the dirt built up on the surface.
- As you notice the grout getting whiter, grab the broom to sweep over the area with the oxygen bleach and remove any debris left that the bleach did not dissolve.
- Rinse the area where the bleach was applied with clean water and repeat the process all over again in a new area of tile and grout.
Once all areas of the pool are clean you are ready to fill it back up and enjoy your freshly cleaned tile and grout with a swim!
For tile and grout care contact a professional tile cleaner for the best job. For information on the best tile for your Lake Havasu Pool, contact our office today.